The emphasis is on the goals of the individual, whether that be healing from a trauma, repairing a relationship or achieving personal or professional goals. Sessions aim to reveal the client’s own insights and to put them in touch with their inner wisdom. Greater self awareness and positive changes are the outcomes of this process.
Connect Counselling Services is located in Darwin in a relaxed and private beachfront setting, removed from shopping and business districts, with priority given to client privacy. Counselling sessions are confidential and professional. The practitioner is Psychologist Margaret Lambert, Dip.T,B.Ed, GradDipArts, GradDipPsych, BBSc(Hons), MACA, ACEP.
Margaret has extensive experience in counselling, coaching, mentoring, supervision and formal training and presentations.
In addition to the use of client-centred counselling methods, clients are assisted by the use of advanced techniques in Energy Psychology techniques administered by a Registered Psychologist. The practitioner is Margaret Lambert, a Registered Psychologist and Advanced Practitioner of EFT. Margaret is a Level 4 member of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) and belongs to the College of Supervisors and the College of Grief and Loss with the ACA. She is a qualified educator, librarian and an experienced workshop developer and presenter.
Individual or couple sessions are generally 1 hour in length. Group sessions may also be arranged.
Charges for individuals are $190 per one hour session and rebates are available through private health fund and through Medicare under the Mental Health Care Plan for which you will need a doctor’s referral.
Services are offered in the areas of:
- specialising in the treatment of anxiety, stress, trauma and pain
- listening to your inner wisdom and guidance
- moving beyond the now to become the person you wish to become
- following a stressful event or a critical incident
- Supervision: Clinical supervision for professionals or students:
- reflection of practice
- personal support and development
- skills building
- monitoring and review of ethics and safety in the workplace
- risk minimisation and management
- time and workload organization
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) for:
- Stress management
- Grief and Trauma
- Self Care
- Goal Setting and Coaching
- Personal Peace
- Training and Workshops: tailored to group requirements and arranged upon request.
Margaret has professional links with local healing and coaching services, and referrals can be made in support of individual needs. Some of these are:
- Bronwyn Clee & Associates
- Rena Walker, Kinesiologist
- Herbal Healing, Naturopathy
Self Care and Wellbeing
Taking care of yourself is more than simply attending to your physical needs. Wellbeing is dependent on all aspects of our lives. Our thoughts, feelings, beliefs and experiences that are carried within us affect us just as much as our muscles, tendons, blood, nerves and other body parts. Physical and emotional health are intertwined: when one is affected, so is the other, and in the same vein, when one improves, so does the other. Psychological and counselling treatments empower individuals by developing their capacity to resolve emotional, personal and relationship issues. Through these processes, greater self awareness and positive changes are achieved.